Sunday, May 2, 2010

Who Doesn't Like Fresh Beer?

It is a strange thing that a guy like myself would enjoy beer as well as trying my best to stay fit and healthy. You would think the two would never co-exist but I have to say I love both.

As I get older, I appreciate things a bit more than I used to and in regards to beer drinking, I think I found a great hobby that I REALLY do enjoy. I now am on my 4th home brewing effort and each time I brew a batch of beer, I get better at it. My latest beer is a departure from my first 3 which were beer kits. Beer kits are a great way to learn the process.

I decided to buy a beer kit for my 4th home brew but, I added some grains to change the taste a bit. I must say this was a very good beer.

My next beer will be the same beer kit, same grains but I will change the yeast and or hops. I need to really pay attention to the changes in color, taste as well as some other factors and keep detailed notes on the different changes.

I know I am new to home brewing but when you read about people emphasizing sanitation of equipment, they are 100% correct. Take your time, do it right the first time and you will be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment